Newborn Photographer Long Island
Any parent will tell you that babies grow up too quickly, and that before you know it, that moment will be lost to time. This is never more true than when a newborn baby first joins the family, and there’s no better time to capture that experience wit a professional photography session. If you are looking for an experienced professional newborn photographer in the Long Island area, consider Kay’s Photography Studio.
Create Beautiful Memories of Your Newborn Baby
One of the best ways to create memories is through beautiful custom images with an experienced artist specializing in newborn photography and family photography. You will cherish these photos long after your children are grown, and future generations of your family will get to look back and share this experience with you.
When you choose to work with Kay’s Photographer Studio, not only will you have a great experience with your newborn and other children, you will get to choose from several packages of pictures that will suit your needs and that you’ll love for years to come.
What to Expect at a Newborn Session
Kay’s Photography Studio in Mount Sinai, Long Island, is designed with the goal of making families comfortable and allowing them to have fun during your session. The studio is thoroughly sanitized for the health and safety of all family members.
Kristina has years of experience as a newborn photographer, and she’s also a mother, so she knows how important it is to ensure your newborn baby is comfortable throughout the experience. Because she wants your little one to be completely at ease, the studio is heated, and soft music or womb sounds are played during each newborn session. The photographer uses soft, diffuse light to not only capture the soft look of a newborn baby, but to avoid any discomfort to your baby.
Your newborn session includes access to a multitude of beautiful sets and props to aid in capturing these moments in just the way you envision. Every newborn and family is unique, and your images should reflect the beauty of your family.
When is the Best Time for a Newborn Session?
As an experienced newborn photographer, Kristina suggests scheduling sessions when your little one is between five and fourteen days old. This is a great time to take a newborn portrait. If you want to capture your newborn in those cute, curly poses, it’s best to schedule your session before your child is two weeks old.
Because this is a small window, we encourage you to call or email to schedule sessions as soon as possible, especially if you want to capture the true newborn look.
However, given Kristina’s experience as a baby and newborn photographer, you can be assured of beautiful pictures of your baby at any age. There’s no need to worry if something prevents you from scheduling a newborn session in the first two weeks. Babies grow quickly, but you can get great photos at any age.
Preparing For Newborn Photography
A newborn can be unpredictable and finicky, so what steps can you take to ensure your session is fun and your photos are successful?
- Keep babies awake before the photography session. Many parents look forward to capturing the adorable sleeping moments so synonymous with newborn photography. If you can keep your newborn awake prior to the session, they will likely sleep through most of it.
- Feed your newborn about thirty minutes before the session. This is another great way to avoid fussiness and help babies sleep through most of the photos.
- Dress your newborn in loose, easy-to-remove clothing. If you family wants those cute, nude photos of your little one, take a moment to consider clothing. If you choose something easy to get on and off, there’s less chance of waking a sleeping newborn.
- Stay relaxed and leave the work to your professional newborn photographer. A newborn can sense tension and will react accordingly, so make sure to stay calm and enjoy the experience.
- If other family members will be in the photos, consider having them arrive toward the end of the session, so excited siblings won’t disturb a sleeping newborn.
About Kay's Photography Studio
Long Island artist Kristina specializes in all stages of family photography, from newborn through older baby, cake smash, first birthday, milestones, childhood, and maternity. Capturing these memories for so many New York families over the years has been an honor and a pleasure. Family photography has allowed Kristina to combine her love of photography and art with her love of family, maternity, babies, and children. The business has allowed her to meet lifelong friends and serve the Long Island community.
We invite you to browse the pictures on this site, and we look forward to welcoming you for your newborn session soon. Contact us to book your session and start to capture memories today.
Kay’s Photography Studio services Long Island New York, including Nassau and Suffolk County, Brooklyn, Queens, NYC, and the surrounding communities. Kristina would love to be your family’s newborn photographer.